Ayaweya and Soraya

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
I got 2 H. masjusculas nymphs this week. They are in good health. They are just L3, thus it is hard too see what gender they are, so for now they are called mantis 1 and 2.  When they are big enough then it is time to give them their names.

They will have a lot of growing to do to earn their wings ;)

For now I have a pic of mantis 1:

mantis_1.jpg

I hope they they will be a male and female.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the duo:

they are doing fine, eating well, but they haven't molted yet.

mantis1.jpg

This is mantis 1. It has a orange flower and mantis 2 has a white flower.

Here is it's butt. Maybe someone can see what gender it is.

butt_mantis_1.jpg

They are so small to get a good picture of them. When they turn L4 maybe I can take a better one. don't know when it happens, I have both seeing eating a FF today.

They are for sure cute.  I take them sometimes out to let them walk on my hand. But no roaming on my desk for them yet. only Ateyo and Leyra can do that. They are big enough not to get lost fast.

Mantis 1 looks to be female, but it is hard to tell. I am glad they are doing so well! 

- MantisGirl13

Mantis 2 molted just now. It has a fresh green color now.

You see size difference between the 2 now ;) Heeheh I wanna know what gender they are so I can give them real names.?

mantis2_and_molt.jpg

Here a first picture of Mantis2 and its molt and a picje of its butt:

mantis2-butt.jpg

Maybe someone can tell what it is? For me it is not clear yet. It could be a female, but not sure yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mantis1 havent molted yet. I am expecting it to molt any time. then I hope mantis 1 will be a male if #2 is a female.

Mantis 1 finally molted last night. Tomorrow i will have a look at it to see what gender it has :) and I will try to take a picture of its butt to show you to help me see what gender it is.

butt-mantis1-after-molt.jpg

I am thinking this is a girl too if i look at her butt. Can someone comfirm that?

20181012-14291mantis1.jpg

if it are 2 girls, I love them both