Breeding attempt #2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisMart

Reaction score
Doing my second breeding attempt. The female is 3 weeks into maturity, and the male is around 1-2 months into maturity. Both are Chinese mantids. I’m currently watching tv while watching them eat huge mealworms. Once I feel like they’re ready I’m going to copy the steps pinned to this forum to breed them. Prayers are always appreciated. I tried to not get attached to the male, but I failed haha. 

the male just attempted the jump on but missed and scared the female. Thats the closest I've gotten. I need to keep trying!

I tried mating my 3 weeks into maturity female, and my 1 and a half months into maturity male. I don't know why but all they want to do is kill each other. I almost got 1 of them hurt. The male was sneeking up to the female, but his antennas weren't moving, and he just stroke at her instead of jumping on her. Does anyone know why? I also placed the male on the females back, and the female struck back. Luckily I put my glove in the way. I did the same steps as the guide on the forum. I'ts pinned to this section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts