Bug Trader (Poison Beauties)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got some golden hydei cultures from them and they arrive nice and safe, the little hydeis were fat and seems to be happy little flies! A good purchase if you ask me!

I would like to add that I recently purchased 2 cultures from them as well. Both arrived fast and they both look great. Also, very nice people to work with. I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future!!!

Well this sounds good I have a culture on order from Poison Beauties so looking forward to getting a culture that is alive... I have received my 2nd culture from snail tails today ( a replacement for the 1st one that was doa ) the culture has no alive flies again and it reaks real bad .......another positive note I also received a culture from rebecca @ Mantis Place today that doesnt smell has lots or larvae climbing the walls and flies that are still alive.

Just received my second order of ff cultures from Poison Beauties this past week. Once again, it was a pleasure to do business and the cultures got here quick and look great!!

Bought 3 cultures from Poison Beauties for the first time and they arrived on time,and intact,despite the crazy heat,so really great buy for the price and convenience,and they talked me through the whole way which was a plus. They are going to make many tiny mouths really happy ;) ,definitely recommend if you need a ton of flies for nymphs ect.

Ordered 2 cultures from them and recieved 3. Pretty good communication but they did have a shortage of flies when I tried to order so it took a while and when they did arrive not a single culture had a living fly in it!

It looked like some had pupae so I waited a few days to see if any would hatch before I left this review and none did so I got no flies out of the deal!

Not sure what happened, it might have been the weather, there was no cold pack in the package either.

I am pretty upset about it but I still believe that they are reliable and that something wrong just happened. I will not buy from again though.

i ordered 2 cultures from poison beauties. due to a shortage of flies i had to wait a week. (no problem) the package came on real quick packed nicely with 4 cultures. the live flies in the package did not make the trip due to the extreme weather lately but i see tons of maggots plumping up so im expecting some flies soon. hopefully.

Ordered 2 cultures from them and recieved 3. Pretty good communication but they did have a shortage of flies when I tried to order so it took a while and when they did arrive not a single culture had a living fly in it! It looked like some had pupae so I waited a few days to see if any would hatch before I left this review.I am pretty upset about it
Jake or Jacob right?

sorry for the state of shock or attitude here but how come I NEVER heard from you after we confirmed payment if your this upset with your order? We made it clear we offer a 100% live arrival guarantee, we offer a refund or even cultures replaced on our own dime. We ship every order in an insulated box packed well and should the carrier screw up once again we always make it right.... Ive been dealing with fruit flies longer than most and long before there were fruitfly cups and lids that make it easy for everyone. Not sure if there are other motives but good luck...

I know Poison Beauties from multiple other boards and have done multiple transactions with him. Always prompt, professional and an asset to the hobby. Would always reccomend poison beauties to people

Mike and his flys , there both awesome lol , I know mike for years from dart frog forums I must say to all my fellow board members I wouldn't order a FF culture from another person ever his cultures are so explosive I still can't figure out how there are so many maggots and flys in one 32 oz cup , his media is clear as can be and I find it to be the best I also notice when my nymphs are fed his stock they seem to be healthy and stronger and grow faster at least to me !!! I highly highly recommend his cultures and he's always ontop of orders always , I see some people got some DOA flys but we all know that's the weather even if cool packs are packed if it's not express in this extrem heat I'd expect DOA but there's so many maggots I can't see a culture not blooming shortly after getting it settled in a cool place : ) again best cultures I've seen I can't find a cleaner mite free person who supply's what he does

Thanks Mike for all the great product keep it going as you always have !!!!!!!

very explosive cultures. Also added a few freebies. Very fast and honest dealer. will buy again. I cant wait till they get a website.

I would like to add. After opening the golden hydei cultures, WOW they can fly, i have like 30 loose in my room lol. There not all flightless in these cultures. Even was a few in the black hydei cultures that could fly. Has anyone else experienced this.

I received my order of excelsior (a HUGE boxfull) for ff cultures today. I am set for a loooooooooooong time. Was just asked to pay shipping charges. Sure as heck beats the pants off of the excelsior I was buying at Micheal's by the bag. More of it and also, as stated in ad, much thicker than what I was getting. I am very happy and I will definitely be back for more...when I actually need more. Thanks

Latest posts