Butterworms.com

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Clausen

Reaction score
Feedback for Butterworms...unfavorable.

I placed an order on October 1st. My Idolomantis are now quite hungry as the blue bottles I ordered have not arrived yet. I emailed them two days ago...no reply. I emailed them again 24 hours ago...no reply during business hours today.

Still waiting...(my Idolos say..."still hungry"...as do many other mantises).

Fortunately, they have a phone number on their website. The photos implied a rather large operation. The price seemed good, so I tried them out. (think i saw a link for them on the JA-DA-BAIT feedback thread).

Even if they show up tomorrow, I'll still be disappointed that I didn't get a reply back to two full business days of emails.

I finally got a mediocre resolution to my order, today (now five weeks later).

In the 5 weeks since I placed my order, I've emailed them a few times at a few email addresses (the one that came with my PayPal confirmation and the one off their website). I never received a single reply.

I tried calling the phone number that was listed on the PayPal receipt. It goes to a FAX machine.

Today I called the phone # on the website. They picked up the first time and were polite. She couldn't find a record of my paypal transaction ID that matched my own, but called me back and told me that she had it listed under a different transaction (odd). She was polite in tone, but I was disappointed that she couldn't/didn't account for the lack of replies to my emails or the 5 weeks that had passed. There were no apologies, nor any offer to do anything other than ship the blue bottle larvae this coming Monday by Priority Mail.

I will not repeat this experience by attempting to order with Butterworms.com again.

I would have refunded my customer and sent the product (and apologized profusely), were I in their shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts