Can you put Ghost ooths in fridge to delay hatching?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystymantis

Reaction score
So I have been wondering, is it possible to put Ghost ooths in the fridge so they don't hatch right away, for example don't hatch in the middle of winter, and wait until the spring? I know ghosts don't require overwintering but am just wondering if it is possible to delay hatching by putting them in the fridge. Or in general can you put mantis species ooths that do not overwinter in the fridge to delay hatching such as Grizzled mantises too?
Or will putting the ooths in the fridge damage them or cause them not to hatch?
I have never tried putting ghost ooths in fridge because I am concerned they won't ever hatch if I did. But has anyone tried this before? Or have any knowledge of it?

Uhhh, if ooths don't have an overwintering period, I believe it would be too risky. Ghost mantises are from Africa and as far as I know, they don't really reach low temperatures like here in America.

Has anyone tried it before? I most likely won't try myself if there's a high change the ooths would never hatch. But wanted to know if anyone has done it and if it worked or not.