Carnivore pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you grow those helis outside?!?!?!

mine died in a double fan cooled humidified terrarium as soon as summer hit!!!
H. heterodoxa x minor is a very warmth-tolerant, practically bulletproof cross. I wouldn't try it with any other Heli.

but your plants are amazing good work man!

my sarrs got hit by a drought and it's not a pretty picture...
I've been lucky to have good water straight from the tap both at my old house in Oregon and my new place here in SC. A drought would really hurt if I had to rely on my RO unit for all water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spring is finally here and buds are popping up all over. This is nowhere close to all of them:

DSC05377Large_zps85902c0d.jpg

DSC05376Large_zpsf9b5e9c9.jpg

DSC05375Large_zpsf0d9f962.jpg

DSC05374Large_zpsf6df06be.jpg

DSC05373Large_zpsaf92e92a.jpg

DSC05372Large_zps7984a210.jpg

DSC05371Large_zps9b9e6c78.jpg

DSC05370Large_zpseca18528.jpg

DSC05368Large_zps3661d370.jpg

DSC05367Large_zps9f942a4a.jpg

Very cool! I had bought one venus fly trap last fall. I was surprised when I counted 18+ traps, but had read that venus fly traps only have around 8... Turned out that there were three in there. :)

Since I don't live in the Carolina's, it's in my fridge waiting to be taken out from artificial dormancy. I'm going to repot it when I remove it.

I love all of your plants! I would love to acquire a pitcher plant or a spider plant, since they're so fascinating.

Very cool! I had bought one venus fly trap last fall. I was surprised when I counted 18+ traps, but had read that venus fly traps only have around 8... Turned out that there were three in there. :)

Since I don't live in the Carolina's, it's in my fridge waiting to be taken out from artificial dormancy. I'm going to repot it when I remove it.

I love all of your plants! I would love to acquire a pitcher plant or a spider plant, since they're so fascinating.
Flytraps and Sarracenia can stay out all year in most of Oregon. Most of the pictures I posted were from my old house in Albany.

Darlingtonia are my favorite. I love your flava crosses too
They are a favorite of mine too. I left my bigger plants with growers in the Northwest since they do not handle the heat well, but I do still have a handful of seedlings that I started down here in hopes that a more tolerant strain will emerge.

Nice collection. Amazing plants. I didn't know pitcher (Sarracenia) plants could get so big. I used to have a few Nepenthes... It was hard to find carnivorous plants around here back in the 80s before we had access to the Internet. Every now and then a greenhouse I frequented would offer a few, but with the exception of the venus fly trap and a few other small potted ones, they were very expensive.

leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White' x 'Adrian Slack'

leucophylla 'Pink Eye' x 'Adrian Slack Impostor'

'Wilkerson's Red' x OP

minor var. okeefenokeensis x 'Golden-Red Jubilee'

flava var. atropurpurea x alabamensis AL002

alata 'Maroon Throat' x leucophylla 'Cronus'

flava var. cuprea x 'Leah Wilkerson'

Very cool. We got several species of carnivorous plants in my area and it is a pleasure when I run across them.

Very cool. We got several species of carnivorous plants in my area and it is a pleasure when I run across them.
Thanks Rick. I haven't had a chance to get out and see them in the wild here but it is on my list.

S. flava var. rubricorpora

DSC05459Large_zps24375661.jpg

DSC05460Large_zpsc1086810.jpg
this is gorgeous. i love all of your plants. one of mine was getting to big so i repotted part of it and its still alive but all the red sticky nodes have dried up :(

i still have high hopes, this happened to it when i lost all of my carnivorous plants last summer

Latest posts