Charlie the wolfspider

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lalaland

Reaction score
This is charlie he/she is pretty large. 

IMG_2537.PNG

Ooh!  Nice wolf spider!  How big is he/she?  Are you taking it into your home?  We get wolf spiders in our basement during the fall.  They are escaping the cold.  We help them out a little by letting them stay in our basement to free range on whatever is down there. Sometimes we keep them in a cage until they can be released in the spring.  They fatten up more in captivity. They'll eat silverfish.  What they don't eat, they tie the carcass to whatever "furniture" I have for them and save it for later.  I find them to be a little frightened by us and they sleep alot.  They just want to hide.  It's cool watching them eat, groom and explore. 

Yes Charlie is a resident of my room lol they have a habitat in my room. I feed them crickets not sure on  gender. I find wolf spiders  EVERYWHERE hahaha. They are very cool observant creatures.

I agree with you.  They are very cool and very aware.  I like how your picture shows so much detail.  Did you use a macro lens?   I let them stay in my house until May.   Are you keeping Charlie (and anyone else you find) through the winter?

I actually used my iPhone !! The original picture on my phone has even more detail and quality!! I just used flash lol and focused it really well. I saved another wolf spider from the wrath of my sister and her arachnophobia which would cause my dad to kill it. Yes I'm keeping Charlie but no others I will probably put them in the tack room in the barn lol I find them there ALL the time. @Summerbug