Chrisv8855

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithers

Reaction score
I bought 6 giant African mantis (sphrodromantis sp.) from him And I couldn't be happier. He's very knowledgable and a great guy to deal with. They all arrived happy and healthy and the packaging couldn't have been better. I was so happy with the order that I bought a pair of hierodula venosa from him. 5 out of 5 I'd deffenetely buy from him again!. 

I purchased 2 African Giants and a custom enclosure from Chris this week, I was shocked and surprised to see that he gave me an extra mantis, just cause! lol I was a wonderful nice gesture, he stayed in constant contact and answered all of my questions right away and was very quick to provide all the tracking info as soon as he sent them out. When it arrived I was also highly pleased with the care he took in packaging them as well. Awesome guy to deal with, VERY honest (he even shipped before receiving his payment) - I’ll be doing business with him again for sure! (also wanted to add the Mantids looked very health and well fed)

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased from him. I purchased six nymphs. Sent me 6 nymphs (three double shields and three pinstriped) via overnight shipping. 4 were alive but two doa. Also they seemed to be instar 1 not two. The seller told me that they were instar two. Overall I asked him for a partial refund and waited three weeks and he still hasn't done it. I'd be a little careful with him. 

Update: he is slow at doing that. I do not know if he has a legit conflict going on or what but communication with him is like pretty fluctuating at times. He didn't send the nymph replacement after a month. Also now he seems to be in it just to make a quick buck or two. For 38 dollars he told me that he was going to send in supplies to me and that included a net cube cage, some soil for substrate, and other stuff.  The enclosures seem pretty small for mantids, only good for nymphs. Idk what's up with him but when I asked him about it he was rude to me about it. He claims that he was going to send in 200 dollars worth but sent in around 20-30 and most of the stuff I could of built myself or got myself for a lot less. I wouldn't trust him even if my hobby depended on him. 

PS: the stuff smells of cigarette smoke and the smell is nasty.    

Does the stuff below look like 200 dollars and is adaquete for mantids, especially for molting adults. 

IMG_6849.JPG

Chris is the man and has been my go to for mantis supplies for awhile! I have been ordering from Chris for awhile with zero problems. He is very knowledgeable about mantis keeping, even sent me two custom enclosures for free with purchase of some mantids! I highly recommend just contacting him with any needs you have even if no ads are currently up. 

Did a three way trade with chris and another member, was very easy to deal with. Everything went A+.

traded chris a bunch of stuff and he said he would send a fertile spiny flower ooth and a european mantis ooth and a bunch of nymph cups and homemade enclosures I received the stuff weeks later which right when i opened it it reeked of cigarette smoke and i had to move it out of my house because it was so bad. I looked in the box and the "professional nymph cups" he sent were little soup cups that had no molting spots and were nasty. none of the ooths he sent hatched and i kept them in correct conditions. He said when we made the deal he would send money in replacement money to cover the ooths if they didnt hatch 5 months later no money. i have messaged him many times every time new excuse. he offered to send me replacement cups and now if you message his account he says that he moved away and that his son runs his account. would never deal with him again. the double sheild nymphs i traded him he said he has been wanting to raise them forever and he told me he wouldnt sell them next day he has them he sold them for double what i sold them to him for

Received some of my mantid's and he sent 4 brunners, 3 died no heat pack at all...he still owes me a limbata and the rest of my brunner's and keeps making excuses as to why he cant ship the rest of my mantids. I paid my full amount to him and i expect all of my mantid's, tread carefully with this guy!!!

This is a little late but not too long ago I did a 3 way trade with him and another forum member. The entire transaction went smoothly! Did a great job packaging and shipped promptly! Although the comments about the stuff reeking of cigarettes seemed to be accurate, but he threw in quite a few freebies including free mealworms and 2 habitats. Not only that but his mantises are absolute show stoppers. Nice guy, easy to contact, actually cares about his customers and mantids. I would definitely make future transactions. 

BUYER BEWARE I cant believe the stories this person CHRISV8855 told me. Never received a tracking number, no refund and I believed a story that son was killed in a train accident and was making funeral arrangements. I felt so badly i was not going to post this.
I thought I heard it all and don't understand. Ive shared privately my conversation with certain members of integrity here and should there be any question as to what the truth is feel free to contact me personally and I show what an outrageous lie I was told. Was contacted on live chat and the person denied everything. bit i have all the transcripts to show.

craig he told me the same b.s story and i still havent gotten my mantids do not buy from that guy.

Latest posts