Coronavirus: Thoughts?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@guapoalto049 if one has had bacterial pneumonias that required antibiotics before, is that a bad situation going into a viral pneumonia like this? 
Major risk factors for all pneumonias include smoking status, immunocompromised states, older age, prior lung disease like COPD, asthma, or bronchiectasis. Having prior infections shouldn’t really change future risk, but there may be an underlying reason why a patient was getting recurrent bacterial PNA to begin with.

Much appreciated. Everyone has a part they can play to help
Thank you for your help and being on the frontlines. It's definitely not blown out of proportions. Sadly, we haven't seen the worse based on the stats from Italy and China. We are behind them on the curve. I live in a big city and my family is in NYC, its not a good situation there.

I am sewing masks inexpensively for families (others are changing a fortune..), but USA orders only at this time. www.xoxoandstitches.etsy.com

I do think the media is definitely blowing it up a lot more than it should be but I live out in the boon docks and we don't feel it as much as city dwellers may. 

We got toilet paper at the Amish store 😂

We have been blessed with plenty of beans and rice to keep us going. We have hunting skills if it comes to that (although we eat plant based at this time!).

Hope everyone is doing good!

Much appreciated. Everyone has a part they can play to help

Thank you for your help and being on the frontlines. It's definitely not blown out of proportions. Sadly, we haven't seen the worse based on the stats from Italy and China. We are behind them on the curve. I live in a big city and my family is in NYC, its not a good situation there.
Yes. It seems Italy has it the worst. 

i am sewing a few masks too for myself and hubby, but i don't think he will wear them.

I have read that this thing can take up 2 years to fully go back to normal life. or natural immunity (or vaccin found and it ready to use) Our MP said that we need to get used to a 1,5 m society. Lockdowm is till 28 april here. hope then some more shops will be opening again or they will be lost. Think if this will be longer a lot of ppl are losing their jobs or buinesses.

I think you can better be in the country than in a city t this moment.

I'm in the city and I can say that people were mask now because it's worth wearing. But even in more rural areas, the numbers say that it's spreading there too. 

i think you can better be in the country than in a city t this moment.
You are definitely right. If you have a way to be self sufficient you will definitely fare better. 

I just have to keep in mind that alot of news is FAKE and you have to look very hard for TRUTH. 

I know we live in the country and have limited device time and we hardly notice the difference unless we go to town. 

I know we live in the country and have limited device time and we hardly notice the difference unless we go to town. 
Same! I'm homeschooled, so the only big difference for me is the fact that I can't go to church. Other than that, quarantine is easy! :)

- MantisGirl13 

As long the food will come to the cities it is ok, but if that stops ppl in the cities has a problem. I wish i could live in the nature. More freedom than in cities.

I just have to keep in mind that alot of news is FAKE and you have to look very hard for TRUTH.  
Yeah, dont watch the news to much you will get crazy. I try to avoid it lately. and what is the truth? most stuff is fake.