Customs removing Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was in transit 3 weeks, you couldn't have expected a live arrival.

What was the shipping commitment at time of sale?
He wouldn’t commit to an answer, he had a nasty take it or leave it attitude. Also repeating that he doesn’t guarantee live arrival. God I’m such an optimist...in this case to a fault.

Yeah his site used to promise live arrival too.. I feel for you Omar, I got a box of dried up orchid nymphs from him last christmas. They were shipped identically to yours, with no insulation, in a paper thin cardboard box. I

We have it hard here. Hope you have better luck in future! 

Hopefully a few of us canucks will luck with their oothecae n  have a good hatch, making a couple more kinds available up here :D

Personally, my Miomantis caffra are nearing reproductive age. My Phyllocrania paradoxica are a couple molts from adulthood.
Than let’s support each other, IF my spiny flower mantis Ooths hatch, I’ll trade you a future Ooth!!

i now have a total of 6 Ooths incubating. I purchased them from a very very reliable breeder from this forum. He is well loved and respected. I don’t want to mention who he is since technically he’s not supposed to ship me anything ;)

I had one shippent of 3 Ooths and a second shipment again of another 3.

the first shipment took forever to arrive thanx to the holidays, despite the fact that I paid 100 USD for express shipping. BLOODY heck!!! Anyways when they did arrive it was blistering cold outside.

i have no idea how they were stored how cold the storage room was or if they were even kept in a truck outside overnight. 

One of the ooths on that package is a spiny flower Ooths. If the incubation is 4 weeks for spiny, than it should have hatched a week ago.....

the journey continues....

When I had ooths shipped to me in winter  the ones that did hatch usually take a bit extra time. I think the cold slows developement time down. I hope you get a few good hatches:)

On the top of my wish list is the Thistle Mantis. I won’t try now since I keep hearing how difficult they are to keep but I do hope to breed them one day.

Ah, Exo Factory (Bartek). I ordered from him once, usually mantids will never arrive OK from him, he's not reputable, and it's illegal. He's a big no-no in this hobby.
Good I never ordered a mantis by him. :eek: At the time I was looking for a panther mantis and he had them on his site. I thought about the travel time and decided not to buy. Thought it will be a couple of days because the parcel need to travel though a few countries.

Latest posts