December Deliveries

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Termite48

Reaction score
Has anyone who has sent packages about this time of the Christmas season experienced delays with either USPS, UPS, or Fed Ex? Have you had unexplainable late deliveries, lost packages, and bad experiences of any kind relating to this matter? If so, please share these with the rest of us who are interested. If there is any advise or suggestions to us who are shipping at this time of year, please post such help. Merry Christmas!

I sent 4 express pkgs and not one of them arrived on time. The post office refunded every one. $120.00 that was refunded... That is quite a loss for the po. Only one mantis died....It must be Ohare delays...

Pat: I think that the P.O. is going to have to come up with a disclaimer for weather delays. If not, they will be loosing their ...es. I hate to think like that. Now I am worried about a Fed Ex for today. I will post if there is a problem.

I sent 4 express pkgs and not one of them arrived on time. The post office refunded every one. $120.00 that was refunded... That is quite a loss for the po. Only one mantis died....It must be Ohare delays...
I'm finding it impossible to get a refund for the express package I sent you. From what I can tell if you print the express shipping label through Paypal, you are outta luck, and nobody is willing to pay for the refund

I'm waiting on feeders that should have been here yesterday or today at the latest. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow.

Mine is a success story using Fed Ex. The package made it from my location to the destination in the mid west in 24 hours. Precious cargo needed that,

I shipped an express package to Oregon yesterday, and it's not showing that it made it. The last update was from last night when it said that it was departing the sorting facility. I don't know if it really left Minnesota. It's really a bad time of year to be shipping live insects. I had an issue last year.

I think the post office pulled the form that used to be online for collecting a refund and you have to get it at the post office. I've had to go there in person. It shouldn't matter if you used paypal to pay for it. I did and was able to get a refund the last time, which was two years ago.

Good going Tammy:. I am glad that yours made it. I am sending a Priority package tomorrow to OR. I have my doubts this time of year and this weather,

Recently, I received 1 express mail and 1 priority mail package on time. One priority mail package was delayed by 6 days. I sent out a priority mail package to CA and a first class package to NC and the recipients got the packages on time.

I think with the USPS these days, it is a hit or miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly my one state away package took an extra 4+ days but all came alive thankfully,I would delay all shipping til after new years,to be safe,but some seem to come in just 4 days,not sure why some were soo held up last week

Yep. Someone stole money from a card my father sent me. I sent my brother something UPS and they said the address was incorrect even though I've sent stuff there many times.

Good going Tammy:. I am glad that yours made it. I am sending a Priority package tomorrow to OR. I have my doubts this time of year and this weather,
Rich, my package guaranteed for 3 pm yesterday did NOT make it yesterday. I was worried about today, too, because it's usually updated by 10 am CST. I finally got a notification from the Portland sorting facility. The box contains 70 mantids. So, I sure hope that it gets delivered today...

Tammy: That is a lot of mantids that you sent in one package. I hope they arrive today. I just sent 20 in one Fed Ex overnight mailing. I put 10 in each of two 18 oz jars with vented lids in which I purchased mels from PetCo in the past. I placed inside a wad of bird netting which makes good perching. Rebecca said all is well. Good luck.

Rich, the package did arrive today...but not before causing me some anxiety about a potential lost package or Monday delivery. All 70 made it.

I started to save plastic enclosures from McDonald's Smoothies and using those. My a while back, I started to save the plastic containers from a local deli where I get salads. I like that there is more horizontal space for the nymphs to hang from. I just glue a paper towel to the bottom and the lid.

Did it cost a lot more to use Fed Ex?

I've used UPS a couple of times to ship to people that cannot get USPS overnight packages. Express is a two day delivery for them, and I found that two day UPS was cheaper than 2 day express.

Latest posts