DETHCHEEZ

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senses-Tingling

Reaction score
Here is a review of DETHCHEEZ that I posted on Arachnoboards. I see that Eric is selling Cotinis mutabilis grubs here. Those are the grubs that I ordered from Eric in March, 2013.

"I contacted Eric on 3/17 to purchase beetle grubs and asked if he would hold onto them until the weather broke in Michigan, to ensure a safe delivery. He replied that it would be no problem and even offered to throw in some extra grubs that he collected since the original post. I sent payment via Paypal on 3/20, after getting confirmation that Eric would send the grubs at a later date.
I contacted Eric on 4/17 to have him send the grubs, since the weather was in the 50's and 60's on a regular basis.
On 5/2, I sent Eric another message to send the grubs, after not hearing back from him the previous two weeks.
On 5/3, Eric replied that he was shipping them on Monday or Tuesday, with tracking info.
On 5/8, Eric sent a message saying that the grubs started pupating and asked if I would be willing to wait a few days for him to collect some new grubs.
On 5/12, when I read the message from 5/8, I asked Eric how long it would take to collect more grubs.
After no response, I sent a message on 5/22 and requested a refund.
After no response, I sent a message on 5/25 and requested a refund, again.
I have looked into Eric's activity on Arachnoboards and he has been on several times since my request for a refund. He has not sent me a message, nor has he responded to my messages since 5/12. Eric has had my money for two months."

Update - Eric kept my money and never sent the grubs. He has never tried to remedy the situation by sending the money back or sending a replacement. I will not buy from Eric again unless he refunds my money or sends a replacement.

I'm very pleased with the nymphs recently purchased from Eric. The transaction went smoothly as it should. He sent extras and some moss for their enclosures to boot.

Wonderful dealing with Eric! I got some Miomantis caffra females and will be dealing with him again. I already am, in fact, in the process! :) The mantises arrived in a good time and were healthy! :) I would recommend!

I bought a baby Haitian Giant Centipede from Eric and I'm very pleased with our transaction. Quick, friendly, and helpful communication (including going above and beyond with aftercare advice); the pedeling was healthy and beautiful; shipping was fast and packaging was first rate (I was initially worried about shipping the little guy from CA to the Midwest via USPS, given the intense heat out here, but Eric packed him snugly in a tiny container full of perfectly moist soil, so he probably could've survived a week in there!); and Eric was even kind enough to throw in some free live plants and a little appropriately sized bark hide. I will definitely be willing to do future business with Eric. In fact, considering that the price of the pede + shipping also was almost too good to be true, I've had to resist the urge to purchase the other baby centipede and the Jerusalem crickets he had available as well! THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had such a good experience the first time I dealt with Eric that I didn't hesitate to do business with him again the next time he had something interesting on offer! In particular, I bought a an adult female Miomantis caffra that had already been bred and laid two fertile ooths. I also broke down and bought the other baby S. alternans that Eric still had available (I have no self-control, in case you couldn't tell). He gave me a great deal on the Mio and Pede, and shipped them promptly. USPS f***ed up and shipping ended up taking a day longer than expected, but Eric packaged the mantis and centipede so well that they both arrived safe, sound, and healthy. The Mio is happily sitting in her new home, drinking water off the walls of her container and munching on a fat bluebottle. And the pedeling is hanging out under some of the moist moss that Eric threw in for free and I'm sure he'll be noshing on the crushed roach I threw in his enclosure when he comes out later tonight. In sum, I had another great transaction with Eric and I hope to do business with him again!

So I made my third purchase from Eric and everything went great just as before! He sent me several Jerusalem crickets, and threw in a bunch of free Isopods and stone centipedes for free! Everything arrived quickly and well packaged (including some creative packaging of the JCs involving pill bottles!), and all my new little pets are now happily ensconced on their new enclosures munching on Dubia roaches! Eric always has great deals and gives first rate service, so I'll will definitely be looking to do business with him again--THANKS!

Positive!!!

I've ordered from Eric a couple of times now, and I was very pleased both times! The packages arrived on time and well packed, all inverts have come healthy and active. Will do business again! :D

Latest posts