Edsflymeat.com

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

Reaction score
Excellent fruit fly cultures, I liked the media as well.

I have used them too. Nothing but good experiences. Plus, they have a picture of a mantid on their front page, so they MUST be cool!

Awesome fruit fly cultures. HUGE 32 oz. size each. Upon receiving shipment, each container had approx 100 adults, 100 pupae, and countless numbers of larvae. Fast shipping also.

5/6/05 Just an update. The cultures are now 2 months and 1 week old and they are still producing. Just this week they finally started to slow down. I'm estimating each culture has given me 500-600 flies. Very satisfied.

Not only is the fly amount good. but the containers are by far the most re-usable i have gotten. some others cost as much, but after the first use, they melt when sanitized, or crack, or both. they are also very good about answering questions.

They said on thier website they would be closed for the week starting Tuesday so I called them Monday to see if I could still get an order shipped before they closed. The woman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful, took my order and I received it just 2 days later! Normally shipping from WA takes 3 days. The FF cultures were full of pupae and flies, the date on the container shows it was started 3 weeks ago and the media still looks like new. The containers really are the best I've seen so far, and the sponges are nice and big unlike others I have gotten from other places that are so tiny they fall inside and have to be fished out.

They definately get my next order.

Finally ordered something from these guys. Great communication and items arrived in excellent shape quickly.

Got my ff breader speical kit today from Ed's. It came w/ a 4 lb. bag of ED's Super Instant Fruit Fly Media, 3 fruit fly cultures (you can choose from wingless, flightless or curly ?D. melanogaster), 10 - 32 oz. containers, 10 foam plugs, 10 drilled lids, a full 1/2 lb of excelsior and a 1 oz. packet of yeast. it arrived (w/cold pack) perfectly. Flies are in great condition. It has two cultures that are almost mature (so that we can have ff later) and one that is packed full and ready to go now. The cups and predrilled lids are great quality (thick and definitely reusable) and as others have noted the large foam stopper is great! Will definitely purchase from them again.... right now I have more than enough.

Latest posts