Employment Inquiry

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jooly

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Julie Anthony and I work for the University of Georgia Insect Zoo. I am looking for a job in Entomology, and I'm hoping to find out about job availability. Here's a little more information about me: 

I've just graduated from UGA with a B.S. in Biology and a minor in Entomology. For over a year, I was Director of Insect Rearing Operations at the University of Georgia's Insect Zoo. I have experience caring for and breeding domestic and exotic praying mantids and walking sticks. I've also cared for crickets, cockroaches, arachnids, and millipedes during my time at the Insect Zoo. As Director of Insect Rearing Operations, I supervised several undergraduate students and was responsible for the zoo's USDA permits and administrative duties. 

During my time at the university, I was also an entomology intern at the Georgia Museum of Natural History. As an intern, I pinned, pointed, and identifying beetles and aquatic invertebrates to family and often to genus. The insects I pinned and pointed were put into the permanent museum collection for future studies. I also have experience inputting data into the Symbiota Collection of Arthropods Network (SCAN) for publication. In addition, I have also dissected several insects and identified different internal organs for research purposes. 

Overall, I am interested in working with live insects, preserved specimens, or doing research. If you have an opening or if you know of any openings, please email me at [email protected] and I can send a resume with more information on my experience and qualifications. Thank you so much for your time. Hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you, 

Julie B. Anthony
University of Georgia
Insect Zoo
[email protected]