Entomology books/resources online?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewFR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been getting really into mantises again (I loved them as a kid), and I'm really interested to know as much about the science as possible. I've been asking myself questions like: what's the oldest (in terms of evolution) mantis species? The youngest? How does molting work? How do the mantis jaws work? Etc etc. To find the answers, I'd love to start a self-study course in entomology, and try to supplement with any mantis-specified scientific research.

The only online resource I could find for entomology was Coursera's Bugs 101, which so far is fantastic. I haven't found any online entomology books AT ALL, and it looks like there are no other MOOCs on entomology.

Does anyone have any online resource they can to share? Maybe you have a great PDF book about entomology, or you found a great mantid science website (I've found a few, but they're sometimes too complicated to read... hence learning about entomology first). Thanks!

Latest posts