eyes change color

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenoaks

Reaction score
i just noticed my Chinese Mantid eyes are now green. yesterday they were black. is this normal? also it seems she hunts at night. is it becasue that is when the crickets come out or is this normal. thanks

They change in darker light. Get her in the sunlight and watch them change back! I love the black beady eyes they get at night!

I see black eyes every night. I still get surprised when I go to look at them and see a bunch of Pinheads, :eek: like on the "Hellraiser" movies. I have always liked those black eyes. :lol: My St. carolina has lavender or pink eyes, (depending on which way I look) or the lighting. His eyes never get black in light that I can see them in, they get deep red. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I see black eyes every night. I still get surprised when I go to look at them and see a bunch of Pinheads, :eek: like on the "Hellraiser" movies. I have always liked those black eyes. :lol: My St. carolina has lavender or pink eyes, (depending on which way I look) or the lighting. His eyes never get black in light that I can see them in, they get deep red. :D
That sounds so beautiful! I hope my Carolina has the same eyes!

That sounds so beautiful! I hope my Carolina has the same eyes!
He is my first mantid and my favorite, even if he tried to mount my finger the other day. :lol: He has the coolest colors, and hasn't been naughty since that scary incident.

My orchid mantis gets purple eyes at night. I find it very awesome.