Finally all most ghosts molted to adulthood!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantid-Tim

Reaction score
I have two breeding pairs now and one pair already bred. 

20201117_140944 (2).jpg

When they mated the female did not at all get aggressive with the male. A ghost breeder told me I can leave them all together (with some risk of course). They have always seemed very docile to each other. Batting at one another is the worst of the fighting I've seen; plus there are always a few flies in their cage to prevent cannibalism!

20201117_140944 (1).jpg

Congrats! I really do not suggest keeping them in a group because adult females will cannibalize. They might seem docile but aren't always docile.

- MantisGirl13

Congrats! I really do not suggest keeping them in a group because adult females will cannibalize. They might seem docile but aren't always docile.

- MantisGirl13
I know it's good advise but I think I really just want them to breed and am willing to take the risk. (The first adult pair to molt already mated, I'm pretty sure, and the female is looking distended too!) I don't have the time to put a male in a females cage or vice versa and watch them for hours. I have 15 mantises at the moment that I'm caring for; all the 11 others are single separate species except the ghosts....

Do you or anyone else know the copulation duration for ghosts? I've read 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: