Fruit Flies Inc.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katnapper

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered both wingless and flightless types of melanogasters, and some d.hydei on 11/4/08. They had a special going which they honored without having to fuss or ask (buy 4, get 1 free). Price was good, packaging nice, and shipping was timely. Healthy looking cultures with plenty of flies and pupae. Was pleased with my purchase, and will buy from them again.

Just recieved my first shippment of fruit flies from them. The packing was great and so were there prices. In each 32oz culture there must have been at least 500 flies in each to start with!

Highly recommended, i will be doing bussiness with them again.

No excuse. I've ordered mels and hydei from this company since November, and never reviewed them, though I now buy fruitflies from no one else. They give a prompt Email acknowledgement of your order and get them to you in a timely fashion, which is usually the Most Important Thing when you order ffs. As Paul says, you get about 500 or so ffs (though unfortunately, the medium is a bit moist for shipping and a lot more get drowned in it in transit).

With shipping (Priority), all species/varieties cost just over $8.50/pot, comfortably less than some merchants.

Strongly recommended.

I placed my first order with this company on 6/22. Today I received my order which was fairly quick. I ordered two cultures. One was flightless D hydei and the other was wingless D melanogaster. I received what I believe to be two cultures of D melanogaster with one being flightless and one being wingless. I believe this to be so due to the size. In the past when I had both the hydeis were much larger. In this case one is just a very slight amount larger but that is probably due to that culture having wings. The cultures looked great otherwise except for them being crammed full of excelsior which on second thought might be a good idea for shipping bit I prefer not to use it. I have contacted the company about the issue and I will update this when I hear from them.

FF Inc. has still not responded to either the message I sent through the website or the email I sent about the issue I stated above. If they do I will update this.

I have used this company with no problems on several occasions since my last post about them. Early last month, I ordered 3 pots of hydei, and got a receipt of the order but failed to have PayPal pay them. I got this straightened out on June 15th and posted the money but did not get the shipment or hear from owner, Tony, until June 25th when he wrote to say that he had been out of town and missed my post. He asked if I wished to have the order shipped or cancelled, and since I had already ordered elsewhere, I cancelled. As of today, though, my PayPal account has not been reimbursed. I sent Tony a reminder yesterday, but as yet have recieved no reply.

Like Rick, I shall post if this matter is resolved, but I shall also post in a few weeks if it is not, and file wih PayPal.

I never got a reply back from them. Also, the flightless FF's are flying already. I think I will spend a bit more and get a more quality strain along with better customer service. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
No response to my Emails, and he owes me $30. Beware!
Agree! I have made two cultures from these flies and they seem to be dying off and not reproducing. I think I will go back to spending more but getting quality flies. Oh and like I said before, they fly already.

Ordered some fruit flies from them a week (business days) before my new nymphs were to arrive to ensure they got here before them. My previous experiences with Tony have been great which is why i bought the FF's from them. They still have not arrived, so now I have to head over to Petco and pick up one of their pathetic fruit fly cultures to make due until they arrive. <_<

Not a happy camper atm <_<

Well the mail arrived today, and sure enough there the little package was. Still, 14 days to arrive at my house using priority mail? Previous orders took around 3 days, 4 being a record. That has since been trumped by 10 days :rolleyes:

I wish the communication was better though. It cost me an extra $10 because I had to buy fruit flies from Petco to hold my mantids over <_<

Yeah, I remember Tony telling me once that he had gone out of town and not left word on his ordering site. Perhaps that is what happened to you, too. Not a great way to run a business!

Latest posts