Ghost Mantis Issue With Oothing & Pushed Something Out Of Her Rear

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacywhite75

Reaction score
Advice Please!!

My ghost mantis has a problem laying healthy ooths. They are very small and deformed and now her abdomen is swollen (see photos). She has something coming out of her privates (see photos). I have tried soaking her rear in warm water to loosen it up and gently ease it out but it won't budge. I'm so afraid it is plugging up her ability to go to the bathroom. She keeps trying to kick it off with her back legs. I feel so bad for her she must be so uncomfortable. It's crazy but I even gave her some prune juice. I don't know if she was straining so hard to lay the ooth that she ended up pushing out an innard.  I think it kind of looks like a mantis head, but I know she has not eaten any of her siblings. I give her water everyday, but I'm afraid if I give her anymore she will not be able to excrete it and become even more bloated. I'm so worried. 

IMG_8418.JPG

IMG_8429.JPG

IMG_8425.JPG

IMG_8430.JPG

IMG_8433.JPG

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

Reply @mantisloverguy6000

Thank you for the feedback. I feel a little better. Do you know a way to get it to come off? I tried soaking the area in water for 30 minutes several times and it doesn't loosen or soften. Do you think it is clogging her vent and stopping her frassing?