Giant African Millepedes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rush

Reaction score
My name is Troy. I am needing some help with my millipedes. I have a male and 3 females. They are in a terrarium with 12+inches of Josh's Frogs Milli mix substrate, oak leaf litter, cork, and rotting hardwood. I keep the terrarium around 75ish degrees and keep the humidity level around 75-80°. I bought them mid October 2022. By late October they were mating like crazy. Then mid to late November the females began digging numerous tunnels. After a couple weeks of digging the female remained in the tunnels and haven't been seen to this date (February 26th. One female did emerge about a week ago and, unfortunately died. I have assumed they were laying eggs and remaining underground until they hatch. If they laid eggs in November, they should have hatched and should be emerging. With one female coming out and dying, I'm concerned about the other females. I have seen the male off and on and one of the remaining females came out the other day. If there is anyone out there with Giant African Millepede breeding experience, I'm needing to know if I should keep waiting or carefully search the substrate for the missing female and look for any eggs. Thanks for any help.

Latest posts