Greetings Everyone...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogsy OG

Reaction score
Hello Mantis Lovers.

I'm Jim and from southern Ohio. I started with these little creatures about two years ago and started raising them to fill my Covid 19 days. They actually approached me first. While sitting by the river I had one come and land on me and then one on my wife. I got home and got on the internet to find out more about them. I was in my garage (office), it was dark out and my garage door was open. Just as I was getting online, a huge mantis flew in the door and landed on me. I was hooked then. 

I have raised a few 'batches' from ooths, Chinese and Carolinas. Right now I have 15 healthy adults (winged) and another dozen ready to get their wings. I've learned a lot about them and they all like me and look forward to our one-on-one time out of their habitats. 

I just wanted to say hello to some like minded people that enjoy what I think could possibly be little aliens. They're too smart to be called a "bug".

I'll be checking in from time to time with questions and some opinions about mantises that is different from most things I've read.

Thanks for having me.

Jim K

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

It so often begins that way.  THEY find (choose) YOU.  Like cats - they instinctively know a good potential owner.  I was found by a gravid female way back in 2005. And, like you, got hooked. 

Latest posts