Greetings

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagdot

Reaction score
Hello everyone in the forum.

I am new to the collection and raising of the mantis family having bought my first mantis (ghost) yesterday. I was truly amazed as to the diversity in design of the mantis as I explored it on the internet.

Apart from this new hobby, I am also an artist working with oils, pen and ink, as well as sculpture. I am looking forward to the world of the mantis opening up new and exciting artistic expressions for me as well as getting to know many of you in the mantis world. I expect to have many questions as I get more involved with this exotic little critter and hope to make extensive use of the forum's past and present posts to have my questions answered.

Any advise that can be bestowed upon a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all.

Tagdot (aka Martin)

welcome to the forums!

The diversity of different species mantids is what makes them so cool in my opinion...they all look different, move different, and have very different attituides :p

Ghosts are very cool, do very well communally...as nymphs dont like as much attention, but as adults seem to soak it all up...very picture worthy :D

I agree, ghosts are a great starter mantid. I also agree that the nymphs might not be playfull at all, once adulthood is reached they like the attention. but as nymphs, you gata love the way they "wag thier tails" and dance for you.

welcome to the forums. you'll love it here.

Harry

Welcome, Martin and thank you for becoming a Forum Supporter! I think the greatest potential benefit in keeping an insect pet is the awareness gateway it can open up to natural world around us. It's not so much different from artistic inspiration when you have a pet mantis and every crawling or flying insect in the backyard begins to look like "prey" for your pet. And the flowers in the yard sustain your backyard bugs and the sun sends energy from 93 million miles away. Humans aren't going anywhere soon, so the more of us there are to appreciate nature, the more nature will be around to appreciate.

Welcome from Orange County Ca.!!!

what instar is your new Ghost?

Just one?

boy or a girl?

post a picture

then Paint a picture and post that!!!!!

welcome... :clown: