Hello again from Wisconsin

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

Mr.Mantid

Reaction score
HELLO!

I've been away from this forum for a bit (almost 8 years I think) and decided to pop in and say hi again. I'm 34 and work as a full stack software developer in the hospitality industry. I've owned ghost, orchid, chinese, and a variety of creo mantids in the past. My all time favorite mantis is the orchid mantis.

Cheers,

Mr. Mantid

Mr.Mantid

Reaction score
@hibiscusmile I was active for a year or two 2010 to 2012 or so. I had bought some metalyticus splendidus for quite a bit of moolah's only to have one eaten by my roaches and the other squished in shipping. I decided to take a break after that.

Mr.Mantid

Reaction score
I'm from WI as well. Give me your mantids! :unsure:
I don't have any unfortunately. My wife is not a huge bug person and I decided to come back out of nostalgia sake. I can enjoy the wild ones outside my house so I still have that!

Orin

Reaction score
@hibiscusmile I was active for a year or two 2010 to 2012 or so. I had bought some metalyticus splendidus for quite a bit of moolah's only to have one eaten by my roaches and the other squished in shipping. I decided to take a break after that.
You picked an expert species to start with, too bad someone didn't get you to buy ghosts.

Mr.Mantid

Reaction score
You picked an expert species to start with, too bad someone didn't get you to buy ghosts.
Oh, I didn't start with that species, (although I'm definitely was/still am a beginner) - I've had a number of different ones before then including ghosts. They were definitely more difficult than other species I had, although I did manage to get him through quite a bit of molts. It was my first time raising roaches as food though and that's where I messed up. If I ever get back into keeping mantids, I don't think I would keep that species again and go with either ghosts or orchids.