Hello from Leicester

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny Reynolds

Reaction score
Hi - I received my very first ever mantis yesterday from a lovely guy on facebook and they're gorgeous. Why I never kept these guys before I don't know. They're the Ghost Mantis and are L2/3. As soon as I'd unboxed them and poopped a couple of fruit flies in they gobbled them up. Now they're not really interested in food. I have had them both out and brawling around on my hand - love them ! I love them so much I got straight back on the internet and ordered two Chinese Mantis - they will arrive tomorrow so I have been organising my various tubs etcs.,

I'm so glad I have found this site - I know it will prove extremly useful in the coming days to alay my worries and fears over these babies. I have in the past kept Stick Insects which I also loved esp the Australian MacCleays and the Black Beauty - they're my faviourites. I have kept Crested Geckos and Leopard geckos in the past.

Hoping to chat to you all in the future.

Hello Jenny and welcome to the forum 
welcome.gif

Ghosts (Phyllocrania paradoxa) are great and very exotic looking; however, you will find the Chinese (Tenodera sinensis) are nearly doubled in adult size, much more active, and a very inquisitive species. Have fun. :)