Hello from the Willamette Valley

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundspawn

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Ross and I'm setting up a mantis paradise in the beautiful Willamette Valley. I'll make more specific posts in individual subforums to get in to details, but here's a little sampler about me and what all I'm doing:

I grew up in the Valley (Salem area, then more recently outer Portland metro area) and have a lot of experience with European mantids. I recently got the wife interested in the hobby and since then have put together a walk in terrarium with the goal of having a nice diverse collection of mantids.

I have an approximately 16'x16' spare room that we have converted to a sealed "bug room". I'm a tech geek, so with that came the project of automated climate control, lighting, and reporting. I'm happy to help or offer advice for anyone looking to get in to automation of one or more systems - even if the project is completely unrelated.

We currently have a variety of species and are breeding for numerous reasons but do not plan to breed for profit - that said we will probably sell/trade some based on interest/rarity and as space eventually becomes more limited. Also we'd like to keep a couple dozen of any given species but many times we will end up way over quota, so selling/trading some nymphs would make a lot of sense.

We are looking to acquire many species, pretty much any species we don't already have. I have the ability to set up individual terrariums for special needs such as higher humidity or lower temperature within our environment. We are interested in oothecae or 2-4 sexed mantids for the purposes of future breeding.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to start hitting the buy/sell section!

Latest posts