Hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vulturette

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Amanda from south florida. I'm a student, biology major. After a few months of obsession and research, I purchased my first two mantids a few days ago! I now am the proud mom of two ghost mantises. They are still L3, but I can see a slight difference in their crowns which leads me to believe I got a male and female, but I could totally be wrong.

I was just going to just lurk indefinitly, but I think I might start posting some.

Hi there! I've never actually seen a wild mantis, so hearing that there might be a possibility is exciting! And man, I have noticed how great this place is for roaches! hehe. I'm thinking of keeping some Giant Cave Roaches soon, as they have a healthy colony in my backyard.

And welcome to your new obsession! We have something for everyone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I've never actually seen a wild mantis, so hearing that there might be a possibility is exciting! And man, I have noticed how great this place is for roaches! hehe. I'm thinking of keeping some Giant Cave Roaches soon, as they have a healthy colony in my backyard.
You are in one of the best places in the US for wild mantids with several species in your state. Welcome.

Latest posts