Hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaih0550

Enjoyer of all insects (except wasps)
Reaction score
Hi! my names Atlas, and im super new to mantid keeping. it was actually today that i recieved my first ghost nymph in the mail. ive always had plants and pets of some variety but ive never been allowed to have insects or herps until now. right now aside from the mantis i have a syrian hamster, and im poosibly looking to get fish or water frogs soon. any advice on feeding the mantis would be super appreciated. im giving her d. hydei fruit flies but im not exactly sure how much to give her considering shes still smaller than a dime. (sorry for the blurry pictures, my phone doesnt want to focus on her. also the website i ordered from said the nymphs they sold were l4 and l5.)
right now shes in a 9.5 x 5 x 6.5 inch terrarium. I moved her into a modified tupperware for feeding and she seemed to catch the fly just fine. she only ate one though, and hasnt shown an interest in food since so i guess shes not hungry.
anyways i guess that's my introduction! i hope my mantis does well. im thinking of naming her Blair :]

Attachments

• 20221012_182159.jpg
    20221012_182159.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221012_224930.jpg
    20221012_224930.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 0
Put her in a small cup, and add a few flies. Seal it off and it will hunt for itself. Welcome to the forum!

hmm I know an Atlas
are you by any chance in Colorado at CSU??
no, ive never even been to colorado. ive never seen anyone have the same name that i do so thats pretty cool

Latest posts