Hey!:)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakko

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m Drakko from the Midwest and I am entirely new to the hobby. I’ve been on the forum for some time, but I’ve mostly used it as a learning tool to help me get set up and learn about the different aspects of keeping mantids! I started with 3 Ghosts that arrived at the very beginning of May. Originally, I intended to keep them together, since I knew they were one of the species that was known to have a very low risk of cannibalism. However, I fell in love with each of them individually and quickly decided to house them separately. It’s been so fun watching them grow and change and I would definitely say that my favorite part of keeping them is finding out that they’ve molted or even catching them mid-molt! I’m not the greatest at determining sex yet, but I believe I have 2 females and 1 male, so in the future I’m hoping to be able to breed them and sell the ooths and/or nymphs. Also, I’m excited to eventually be able to keep some of the other species that I’ve seen in the hobby! Thank you all for being so helpful! 

Latest posts