Hi Everybody :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reikimama

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Amber. I live in Connecticut, and I'm fairly new to keeping mantids as pets. I fell in love with them a few years when I acquired a couple of nymphs from a fellow parent in my daughter's school, and then also caught a wild one a few days later! All three were European. We had a blast catching wild food for them (once they were past fruit flies) and let them go free once they had molted several times. Now a few years later I happened upon another nymph in my yard, and have decided to try and keep it for the duration of it's life. I find them fascinating and am trying to learn as much as I can about them. I think in the future I will probably look into getting more exotic species, but right now I'm perfectly content with the adorable European. So far we've had 2 successful molts and are experimenting with different types of food and enclosures. I will try not to be too annoying and lurky on here, but I have LOTS of questions!!!  :D

20170723_225005.jpg

Welcome!  There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and good guides and posts so you came to the right place. :)

Hello Amber and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

As my signature says I've kept several mantid species, but some of my favorites are the local species. There is nothing quite like capturing your own pet. :D

Latest posts