Hi everyone

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bea

Reaction score
Hi,

i never know what to exactly write here. 

First of all wow you guys have collected a ton of info there. I always have a hard time being active in a forum but you guys are awesome. I think I. Just have read for at least 4 hours last night which now makes it hard to get up to go to work.

to myself:

my name is Bea im originally from Germany but have been living in Colorado for almost 10 years now. I have two Great Danes and a kitty. I’m an entomology enthusiast and obsessed with butterflies, jellyfish and of course praying mantis (that’s why I’m here)

currently i do not own any mantids but I hope after reading all your info and some extra research I will have gathered enough info to feel prepared for my first one. I like to be over prepared and get as much knowledge as i can before diving in!

it seems that a lot of ways lead to Rome.

any particular tips for a newbie (what species- they are all so stunning and fascinating- food or what helped you) would be greatly appreciated it. Please feel free to contact me here

bea

Welcome! Ghosts are great to start with as they are stunning and easy.

- MantisGirl13 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome @Bea!

Thanks for joining us! 

I find that keeping high-heat arrid species is more difficult than one would think, simply because its hard to maintain even 35/40 percent humidity at 95/100°F in an enclosure. So, maybe stay away from them for a wee bit. 

Ghosts, Hierodula sp, Rhombodera sp, even orchids, are very forgiving in keeping. Spinys are super fun and beautiful nymphs. 

Grab a few, and enjoy! ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, most just need room temps and food and water, nothing hard about them unless you get a tropical species used to high heat and or moisture.

Thank you guys so much I will start with some ghosts and see how that will go I’m sure I’ll have tons of questions 

Latest posts