How long Diabolica males can survive after last molt?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y1oveu

Reaction score
He has been an adult for two weeks.
But female didn't get molted yet. 
it seems that females still take about a month and a half to mature into adolescents.
I think it will take about a month and half for her to last molt and mature.
I wonder to he can survive until then.

Females take at least 6 weeks to reach adulthood from subadult as a good estimate. I just had a male die this morning, he is not quite 7 weeks old yet. He was kept alone, stress free, fed on BB flies. It’d be rare to find a male in captivity last over two months, so unfortunately he very likely won’t make it

Females take at least 6 weeks to reach adulthood from subadult as a good estimate. I just had a male die this morning, he is not quite 7 weeks old yet. He was kept alone, stress free, fed on BB flies. It’d be rare to find a male in captivity last over two months, so unfortunately he very likely won’t make it
Yen told me he has gotten 4 months out of a male. Im kinda hoping I can do something like that! Although, ive not been able to in the past. And, my females are all still subs..

Ouch.. sorry to hear that.

By the way, 6 weeks for final moult is really long time.

I need to wait for more than 3 weeks at least. 

I hope he can survive until females mature

Thanks for the advice.

Yen told me he has gotten 4 months out of a male. Im kinda hoping I can do something like that! Although, ive not been able to in the past. And, my females are all still subs..
That may be true, but for the expectation to be 4 months it’d be unrealistic. The question also arises if that old of a male will show any interest any longer than the ones who die younger. In my experience, older males don’t equate to more time available to mate, they just kinda live longer and show no interest in breeding

Ouch.. sorry to hear that.

By the way, 6 weeks for final moult is really long time.

I need to wait for more than 3 weeks at least. 

I hope he can survive until females mature

Thanks for the advice.
The females, once molted to adulthood, take 3-4 weeks to become sexually mature so that adds to the timeline as well

The females, once molted to adulthood, take 3-4 weeks to become sexually mature so that adds to the timeline as well
Yes, I'm expecting up to a month and a half to get her final molt + maturity.
I'm pretty sure she will make the last molt in 2 weeks.

That may be true, but for the expectation to be 4 months it’d be unrealistic. The question also arises if that old of a male will show any interest any longer than the ones who die younger. In my experience, older males don’t equate to more time available to mate, they just kinda live longer and show no interest in breeding
And you're right. I just lost my last male today. He was at 50 days. Oooof!

I have 3 females for him, and their buds aren't swelling yet. - 40, 48, and 56 days. Loooong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts