How many go out with mantis on them without knowing?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I fed the mantis this morning as I Wanted to go to a flea market with my son today. I stopped at my other son's house on the way as I was passing by it and got out to give them a quick hello and kisses to my babies and my son is sitting on the steps and he goes " mom you have a praying mantis on you." I stepped back to look thinking it was one of mine we let out at his place in late spring and lo and behold it was a 2nd instar orchid! i thought one got away from me this morning but could not tell for sure. I can't believe it was on me for about 2 hours as I did my hair and sprayed it with hairspray and put my makeup on and blab blab and was still on me.

That sounds like quite a scare. I only have a small collection and obsessively keep track of any nymphs. I lost one for a good ten minutes because he jumped while I was trying to take a picture. He wasn't even two feet away hiding under a box flap. That brat gave me a heart attack.

He's now full grown and decided to give himself eye rubs despite being in a perfectly sized enclosure. I feel like all male mantises universally lack brain cells.