Idolomantis diabolica male, L5

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow amazing... He is growing up so fast... Good Job! Thanks for sharing!

Really great pictures, and it looks like it lives up to the diabolic name -- those are some crazy looking eyes. :D

You need to add the adult photo here also... so you can see the difference in him all in 1 thread... just my opinion... Thanks for sharing!

Did the wings dry correctly?
I don't think so, they have a few kinks in them and don't lie flat against the body. It seems unable to fly from what I've seen so far. The enclosure was 95F and about 60% humidity.

My only other mantis to have reached maturity so far, a Creobroter pictipennis, turned out fine at normal room conditions. Any tips or insights?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so, they have a few kinks in them and don't lie flat against the body. It seems unable to fly from what I've seen so far. The enclosure was 95F and about 60-70% humidity.

My only other mantis to have reached maturity so far, a Creobroter pictipennis, turned out fine at normal room conditions. Any tips or insights?
That sucks. What is the enclosure like?

It's in an extra-large plastic hex.

I took the recommended environmental conditions from the caresheet at http://www.keepinginsects.com/praying-mantis/species/devils-flower-mantis/. The 6-inch opening and top feeding hole are both covered with window screen so I would have thought that ventilation was relatively good, and neither of my two Idolos have had any other problems molting. The female is still sub-adult.

Latest posts