Idolomantis wasted away?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0rddracula

Reaction score
Hi, would like to check, does Idolomantis have the tendency of suddenly refusing to eat and slowly get itself wasted away to death no matter how u want to feed it? anyone have any idea? Thank you~

I don't know about Idolos specifically, but I think this can happen in any species.

- MantisGirl13 

I had three L3 die overnight each in separate 32 oz cups, I didn't give paper towel on the bottom time to dry out before misting again.  Too moist with not enough air flow? I'm not sure. I'm trying (12) L3s in a 12" x 12" screen cage, misting daily, and with plenty of flies all the time. We'll see. So far, so good.

I had three L3 die overnight each in separate 32 oz cups, I didn't give paper towel on the bottom time to dry out before misting again.  Too moist with not enough air flow? I'm not sure. I'm trying (12) L3s in a 12" x 12" screen cage, misting daily, and with plenty of flies all the time. We'll see. So far, so good.
Does mantid die with too much moisture without enough air flow?? And all the best to u! 

Mantises need ventilation. Some species are more susceptible than others. I find that kind of death is not overnight, though. It takes up to a week.

What temp are you keeping at? Because at higher heat (that is a requirement), its hard to imagine it would still be damp after a day.

They should be getting all of their water from food, not misting.

I keep all at 75F - 83F.  In Arizona humidity can fall into single digits. Without misting, a humidifier, and a plastic blue plate with water under the screen cage mis-molting happens. But I'm still learning. Hope this helps.

I keep all at 75F - 83F.  In Arizona humidity can fall into single digits. Without misting, a humidifier, and a plastic blue plate with water under the screen cage mis-molting happens. But I'm still learning. Hope this helps.
Should be okay. Maybe higher daytime heat. 90+.

Sorry for your troubles.

Thanks for your good advice. I'll try it. I have noticed with higher the temp. the brown vomiting condition disappeared completely.  'Don't touch me there' by the Tubes also protect against COVID 2. (so far)

Latest posts