I'm back with 3 new mantids!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsea

Reaction score
Hey all. I am back. Recently found 3 new mantids. I am now living in Lufkin, Texas (deep east texas). I like to walk around my apartment complex looking for lizards, bugs, etc. I finally got a hercules rhino beetle (female) she was on the parking lot pavement. I found a mom cat and 3 kittens (all swirly, fancy tabbies!). I kept 1 of the kittens, others now have homes. I found an armadillo and almost caught it! And 3 new mantids. I think one is a Stagomantis limbata and it is named Dagger cus it stabs and bites, hard, drew blood. The others I dont know. 1 is small, but just molted and now has spotted wings. The other does not have adult wings yet. I will try to make a video of the 3 tomorrow and post it here.

Welcome back Chelsea, sounds like you have been keeping busy. Gotta admit moving it my least favorite of about anything, no matter how nice the new place is. All the packing/carrying/unpacking/etc - can be the stuff of nightmares. ;)

Ha, a whole list of new pets to be sure. Congrats on all your finds. :D

Latest posts