let's start a thread of mundane occurrences!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so I want to start a thread where we reply with mundane stuff that isn't invert-related that goes on in our daily lives. I'll start

in CO, we have a good type of peach called a Palisade peach. they're DELICIOUS and lately, I've been wanting to germinate some Prunus seeds to graft a scion of a Palisade peach to. I found a chart of Prunus species I could graft peaches to, but anyway, I took home some peaches from campus the other day. I have a few peach pits I'm trying to open (you have to do it gently or you'll break the seed inside) and as I was eating a peach today, the pit inside was not only already open for whatever reason, it had 2 seeds in it!

I just put on a pot of ginger lemon tea. :) It’s currently my favorite. I’ve been trying to grow peppers and some okra but I completely forgot about them and nearly killed them (both are ok).

It’s kinda hard not to talk about my mantises because they’re also a part of the mundane.

I just put on a pot of ginger lemon tea. :) It’s currently my favorite. I’ve been trying to grow peppers and some okra but I completely forgot about them and nearly killed them (both are ok).

It’s kinda hard not to talk about my mantises because they’re also a part of the mundane.
I like earl gray tea the best I think. Although darjeeling margaret's hope is also a really good tea

now I want tea! @Mountain Mantids you better give me tea when I come to your place tomorrow!!!!

Earl Grey is pretty good. It’s been awhile since I’ve really craved black tea. I’ve mostly preferred herbal. I’ve never tried Darjeeling though.

That’s fair. Some are really tart (looking at you rose hips) and I just can’t do it. I like my ginger lemon because it’s spicy.

That’s fair. Some are really tart (looking at you rose hips) and I just can’t do it. I like my ginger lemon because it’s spicy.
i do love me some spicy food!!
could someone doordash me some general tso's sauce lol

god damn I miss RI. there was an asian restaurant called pekking tokyo that had the absolute BEST general tso's tofu. I will say, tho, CO has RI beat in the Indian food department

I’m fairly straightforward, if it has meat (not meatloaf, meatloaf is evil), I inhale it.
you really are part wolf! lmao

In more peach news:
I tried to smash open some pits with a mallet but pieces went everywhere, couldn't find the darn seed
I did collect a ton of Prunus padus fruits today though. it isn't known to be graft-compatible with peach but ALL 5 species that ARE graft compatible with peach are out of stock from sheffield's right now
I do like the smaller fruit Prunus: i can usually get the pits open with a wire cutter or a nail clipper and damage very few seeds that way. I'll imbibe my peach seed tomorrow and stratify it later this week!

Yay for peaches. Wonder if my roaches would like them. Just so you know it will be impossible for me not to yak about my mantises since they’re basically my children.

I’ve also taken to playing Minecraft again now that I have a computer that can handle mods.

Mundane stuff, huh? Well, lately I'm getting about 8 "Potential Spam" calls per day. I think there's a Verizon call filter I could download, but my operating system is too old. My phone's about 8 years old, so maybe it's time for a trade in.

I'm thinking about finally whipping out the cookbook my grandmother gave me for my birthday. It would be nice to just cook something for myself. I wish I could put together a little treat for my mantises. Kinda like how people will cook dog biscuits you know.

ok so I want to start a thread where we reply with mundane stuff that isn't invert-related that goes on in our daily lives. I'll start

in CO, we have a good type of peach called a Palisade peach. they're DELICIOUS and lately, I've been wanting to germinate some Prunus seeds to graft a scion of a Palisade peach to. I found a chart of Prunus species I could graft peaches to, but anyway, I took home some peaches from campus the other day. I have a few peach pits I'm trying to open (you have to do it gently or you'll break the seed inside) and as I was eating a peach today, the pit inside was not only already open for whatever reason, it had 2 seeds in it!
That's God telling you to go for it.

I've been watching my partner play Cult of the Lamb. It's a great little game, but I just wish they'd push more patches to the consoles already. At this point, the buildup of all the little bugs is making it almost unplayable on the Switch.