let's start a thread of mundane occurrences!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few summers ago I found an adult Antheraea polyphemus, the first giant silk moth I've encountered. I do recall finding some huge caterpillars around here as a kid. I couldn't tell you what they would have morphed into. In the 70s, a country drive in this neck of the woods would have resulted in a windshield plastered with insects. Not as much anymore.

I went to a BJD convention on Saturday (it's a new hobby I got into this year). I was very excited, even if I'd only be able to go to the sales floor.

Alas, it was a vast disappointment. For me, anyway. My BJD is a boy, and one of the larger ones at that. I was expecting to have some difficulty finding clothes to fit him because of his size. What I was not anticipating was that there were. No boy clothes. At all.

Frilly dresses as far as the eye can see, in every size imaginable.

I went to a BJD convention on Saturday (it's a new hobby I got into this year). I was very excited, even if I'd only be able to go to the sales floor.

Alas, it was a vast disappointment. For me, anyway. My BJD is a boy, and one of the larger ones at that. I was expecting to have some difficulty finding clothes to fit him because of his size. What I was not anticipating was that there were. No boy clothes. At all.

Frilly dresses as far as the eye can see, in every size imaginable.
Do you have a sewing machine? I've still got mom's somewhere. Wouldn't know how to use it though.

Do you have a sewing machine? I've still got mom's somewhere. Wouldn't know how to use it though.

I do have a sewing machine! Ironically enough, it also used to belong to my mom. I'll probably end up making him most of his clothes, though I'm quite intimidated lol. I've not had the best luck making people-sized garments, much less ones 1/3 the size xD

classes started today and holy moly campus is CROWDED!
also in class today, we had signups for something and I jokingly wrote "Peter Griffin" in one of the boxes, and the professor thought we actually had a Peter Griffin in the class! She published it as part of the online list!

also, I found Prunus besseyi on campus!!

I also had classes start today and it wasn't too shabby for my first day of college. My teachers were interesting to say the least. Honestly, the only teacher I have that I would connect with is probably my math professor. He's pretty fun and is intent on us actually learning something.

you really are part wolf! lmao

In more peach news:
I tried to smash open some pits with a mallet but pieces went everywhere, couldn't find the darn seed
I did collect a ton of Prunus padus fruits today though. it isn't known to be graft-compatible with peach but ALL 5 species that ARE graft compatible with peach are out of stock from sheffield's right now
I do like the smaller fruit Prunus: i can usually get the pits open with a wire cutter or a nail clipper and damage very few seeds that way. I'll imbibe my peach seed tomorrow and stratify it later this week!
? Maybe you can just plant it inside the protective layer on the outside…. Seems Mother Nature would work it that way

My ball python grabbed his food last night but he missed the head. I came back later to find him coiled loosely around the corpse, staring down at it like "what am I supposed to do with this?!".

There was still a dead rat on the bottom of his cage this morning. He just gave up.

I saw a golden retriever and a great pyrenes on campus today

then, my roommate and I had this conversation today
me: "I have pooped in every toilet in this house"
roommate: "ah perfect"
me: "and almost every sink"
roommate: *laughs*
me: "well, is it really poop if it's diarrhea?"
roommate: *laughs even harder*

I done fudged up folks
I was fidgeting with a sharpie pen and that involved chewing on it and shaking it and such, and then I noticed ink everywhere
I have no idea if I swallowed any or where on the pen it leaked from