livefoods.co.uk

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered from them on Wednesday with next day delivery. Still not here today (Sunday)! Good prices, shame about the service. Will have to see how (if!) they turn up, and maybe see about refund or something if they're dead. :(

Have used livefoods many times for years, had a few problems with incomplete orders but the customer service was quick to rectify each problem as it occured, in that sense I cannot fault them. Recommended.

Dave

Yeah, I always use this company - kinda mix and match with this and livefoodsdirect... but yeah it's a good company- not the most punctual if you use 1st class but always happy to send replacements etc - only frustrating thing iz the *nothing sent after mid wednesday to sunday* thing. Be polite and understanding to them and they'll be too

Yeah, these are the guys I always buy my fruitflies from.

But the recent pack had flying fruitflies when I ordered flightless ones.

But they're still good any ways, every one makes mistakes.

Great service too.

Cheers, Cameron.

Had an issue with a recent order, ordered with next day delivery and it didnt turn up, if this happens to you (such as happened to jackson), just politely e-mail them with the details, the speed at which they sorted out this new problem was fantastic, they sent it out again no problems. Most of the time this is the sort of thing to put you off using a company, but when a company is able to admit its mistakes and rectify them immediately, you cant help but keep using them.

Dave

Have to add more feedback,

Got my order of more fruit fly cultures today, all well packed. If your in the uk and need live food, this is the place!

Cheers, Cameron.

about half of the FF tubs i've received havent had any flies in ( all smushed ) , and maybe just a couple of maggots. by the time these cultures could get going it's almost too late and all drying up. when they do work though they last a long time and you get a lot of flies out of them. i would like to try somewhere else though...

i find it's just bad luck of the draw... when you want lots of clies already hatched, they're all in maggot stage and when you want them all in maggot/ pupae stage to ease handling them, they're all hatched... - no complaints with them though- they've always delived fast and perfect condition once arrived... my culture is booming :)

tried numerous different places for fruit flies, and live foods are the best still, they last longer (well in my experience) are usually bigger and contain a lot more flies/maggots/pupae than others ive recieved

Ordered locusts, crix and flies and got 3 sets of flies... sent an email asking what's up and whether I can get what i ordered (but that was on a saturday) -so i'll keep posted on what they reply.

As for how to get the flies out the box, just cut a cross chape in the lid or side with a knife and poke a straw or pencil through it to open it up a bit - then stick a vial over the hole and let them walk out :)

They were punctual on replying- i got an email saying that the replacement/ *original* order has been sent out so yay!- another gold star for livefoods!

We should have a vote for best english livefood supplier- most people tend to use one or the other (I know I shop around with the top 3 to get the best deal but hey...)

So Livefoodsdirect, livefoods.co.uk or globallivefoods?!

Brilliant prices , Brilliant service , Brilliant packaging ... oh yea , and BRILLIANT LIVEFOOD ! will be buying all my livefood from them in the future !

Ordered flightless flies last week... delivery came fairly quick and priced well.

half the flies were dead on delivery but the others are hatching fine and my mantis are munching them all.

No complaint here, will be ordering again!

update to this their flies are rubbish, first lot were great and all other 10 orders never had a single hatch..

crickets/locusts are brilliant though and they are nice to deal with as a company

I cannot recommend these guys for fruit flies. I bought my first culture last Saturday, and it's mouldy. Flies does put within days, the pupa still have about a week to go according to their "experts" who also claim it's perfectly acceptable for a culture to go mouldy within 5 days. 

No effort to resolve this was made, apart from being offered a little extra on top of my next order, but I probably won't be ordering fruits from them again since they don't bother to prevent mould. 

I have had crickets and locusts previously with no problem, but please find another supplier for your inverts unless you have a backup food source in the even you get ripped off as I did. 

The colony is still producing pupa but any colony you attempt to start will carry mould over to it from what I have researched. Any recommendations for a reliable UK vendor is welcomed.