LOST MANTIS!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

Okoboji22

Reaction score
ONE OF MY NYMPHS HAS ESCAPED! Where would be the places I should look! I really care about this mantis and I don't want to let him stay lost!

Reaction score
I lay down on the floor if all else fails and look up, they always go up and then hang upside down, could be a shelf, light fixture, lamp, anything they can hang on and

usually in the am u will see them easily as they dont hide.

CosbyArt

Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed it will likely be on underneath side of any nearby objects. I find using a flashlight helps them stand out better, and look at the shadows as that can help find it in tight spaces.

I had a loose ooth hatch on my desk once, and I spent hours collecting about 70 nymphs. The point is I continued to find a few loose ones for about four days, if you are unable to find the nymph keep looking as it will turn up.

Okoboji22

Reaction score
he escaped while I was at school because someone left his cage open. The doors were also open so he could be anywhere! Any suggestions about looking through a whole house instead of just one room?

Precious

Reaction score
Indeed it will likely be on underneath side of any nearby objects. I find using a flashlight helps them stand out better, and look at the shadows as that can help find it in tight spaces.

I had a loose ooth hatch on my desk once, and I spent hours collecting about 70 nymphs. The point is I continued to find a few loose ones for about four days, if you are unable to find the nymph keep looking as it will turn up.
Hilarious!!

spider_creations

Reaction score
Don't let anyone use the vacuum cleaner !!! :eek:
Your right mantids hate vacuum cleaners and will probably leave the house.....JK JK JK(Andy Dwire logic if you watch parks and rec. You would understand ) they will get sucked up in the cleaner and die so good advice 

avn

Reaction score
I left the cage door open to one of my nymph tanks and had about 10 runaways! (4 recovered so far!) so I'm hunting lost mantises too

dmina

Reaction score
Just wondering if it was ever found?

I leave on light on in each room... some times they go to the light...

Okoboji22

Reaction score
Sadly I never did find twister (named because of a kink in his abdomen since l2). I did every strategy you go told me but I never did find him.  :(

Latest posts