• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lots of centipedes, jumping spiders, assassin bugs, mantids, and a vinegaroon available for sale or trade

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jseng

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm downsizing my invert collection, so I have a bunch of species available for sale or trade (I'm not interested in Ts or Scorps, but if you have anything else you wanna trade, let me know). Note that all centipede sizes below refer solely to body length, not including antennae or terminals:

1) 1 x 3" Scolopendra polymorpha (Tiger Centipede) that was blue as a pedeling, but has since changed to a beautiful yellow color with bluish green stripes - $12 (SOLD)

2) 2 x 3" S. polymorpha that are rusty red in color, and bigger/gnarlier than any poly you're gonna find at any of the popular online stores - $10 each (1 LEFT)

3) 1 x legitimate 4" (and probably closer to 4.5") BEAST of a S. polymorpha, also rusty red in color; if you can't afford an S. heros, this is the next best thing! - $12 (SOLD)

4) 1 x 3.5-4" Ethmostigmus trigonopodus (Tanzanian Blue Ring Centipede) - $15 (SOLD)

5) 1 x 2.5" Red-Headed S. morsitans, which other people have been selling recently as a S. mirabilis; this is a pretty little pede with a dark gray body, black stripes, and a red head and terminals; it's also surprisingly vicious for its size! - $13 (SOLD)

6) 1 x 3" Rhysida longipes (Long-Tailed Olive Centipede) female, which is about the largest that this species gets; she just finished caring for a clutch of healthy pedelings (I separated mama and babies about a month ago and she's been feeding heavily ever since), so there's a chance she may be able to lay an additional clutch without being mated again - $10 (SOLD)

7) 1 x 5" S. heros heros (TX Giant Black-/Blue-Tailed Centipede) - a truly stunning creature with an orange body, a bluish-black tail, and yellow legs, it's the second-most-difficult-to-find heros subspecies/color morph out there after the Blotched heros heros, and it should be on every serious centipede enthusiast's wish list! - $90

8) 2 x .75" female Phidippus regius (Regal Jumping Spiders) - not only are these little spiders adorable and beautifully colored, they're also smart, curious, friendly, and more handle-able than almost any other invert I've ever owned besides praying mantises - $6 each (1 LEFT)

9) 8 x Platymeris biggutatus (White Spot/White Eye Assassin Bug) - these have gorgeous coloration, get reasonably large (~1.5" max), and are active, fearless hunters, making them a great display species; they can also be kept communally and breed prolifically, even with minimal care, so they're one of my favorite invert species to keep as pets - $6 each

10) 7 x L2-L3 Hierodula venosa (Golden Hierodula) - these little green mantids are already voracious predators and will be able to take down bluebottle flies after one more molt (if even that); they are also one of the larger mantid species in the hobby, reaching average max sizes of about 3-3.5"; as the common name suggests, adult females take on a golden yellow color by their final molt - $2 each (SOLD)

11) 1 x 1.5" Mastigoproctus gigantea (Giant Vinegaroon) - this little guy can still be a little shy, but I handle him from time to time and he's never sprayed or pinched me; nonetheless, he's cute as a button and one of the more active vinnies I've ever owned, as he emerges from his burrow at 9pm like clockwork, then burns the midnight oil tidying up, remodeling, and exploring his enclosure - $16

Minimum order is $20, not including shipping. I will be shipping from Evanston, IL 60202 this Tuesday (12/15) and Wednesday (12/16) via USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail ($10-$15); I can ship via USPS 1-2 day Express Mail ($35-$40) as late as Thursday (12/17). Shipping fees cover the cost of an insulated box and a heat pack lasting 60 or more hours. I offer LAG for animals shipped only by Express Mail, though someone must sign for the package on the first delivery attempt; DOAs must be reported within 24 hours of receipt and will require confirmation via a photo of the specimen with a pin through its abdomen with date written in the background; the cost of any animals shipped via Express Mail that are confirmed DOA will be refunded, but shipping costs are non-refundable; and I am not responsible for carrier delays.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking + happy holidays regardless!

Last edited by a moderator: