Mantid Breeders/Keepers In Alaska

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None that I know of unfortunately. You'll have to check your state's laws for exotic creatures as well. I know Florida is difficult to ship exotic mantises to and many people refuse to because of legality. If you choose anyone whose out of state though, you'll likely be paying for some very expensive shipping to get the mantis to you within a week. Any longer in shipping is incredibly risky. Heck even a week is risky depending on who you buy from and how they package their mantises. Best of luck to you though. 

None that I know of unfortunately. You'll have to check your state's laws for exotic creatures as well. I know Florida is difficult to ship exotic mantises to and many people refuse to because of legality. If you choose anyone whose out of state though, you'll likely be paying for some very expensive shipping to get the mantis to you within a week. Any longer in shipping is incredibly risky. Heck even a week is risky depending on who you buy from and how they package their mantises. Best of luck to you though. 
Thanks! I discovered one but that's all I've found. 

Does anyone know of any breeders in Alaska? I'm just curious too see if there's anyone I can buy from locally.
Hi!!! I live in Juneau….where are you located? I’m brand new to the hobby and not a breeder by any means but it would be nice to connect. As you know, living in Alaska brings logistical challenges to practically every hobby!! So it would be nice to share any resources with each other. You said you found a breeder? Where abouts?

I started off last year with a Carolina mantis from a neighbor…I’m not sure where she got it. Currently I have some L4-L5 Chinese mantises (they were selling oothecas at Fred’s lol) and about 40 ghost mantises that just hatched!! I ordered an ootheca from The Praying Mantis Palace online…she sent me two!

One of our current challenges in Juneau is getting a consistent supply of fruit flies (petco corporate stopped sending them regularly after they stopped selling all pets). I’ve ordered a culture kit online so hopefully that will resolve.

Have you found any go to places for food and supplies? So far I’ve only ordered from the Praying Mantis Palace.

Hi!!! I live in Juneau….where are you located? I’m brand new to the hobby and not a breeder by any means but it would be nice to connect. As you know, living in Alaska brings logistical challenges to practically every hobby!! So it would be nice to share any resources with each other. You said you found a breeder? Where abouts?

I started off last year with a Carolina mantis from a neighbor…I’m not sure where she got it. Currently I have some L4-L5 Chinese mantises (they were selling oothecas at Fred’s lol) and about 40 ghost mantises that just hatched!! I ordered an ootheca from The Praying Mantis Palace online…she sent me two!

One of our current challenges in Juneau is getting a consistent supply of fruit flies (petco corporate stopped sending them regularly after they stopped selling all pets). I’ve ordered a culture kit online so hopefully that will resolve.

Have you found any go to places for food and supplies? So far I’ve only ordered from the Praying Mantis Palace.
I got both of my mantids so far from people on this forum. However I do know of a facebook page called Eldritch Exotics and they may have some mantids available. I live in the Anchorage/Eagle River area. I'm not sure if they ship their insects or not. I am going to a local reptile expo in a few days so if I see any new mantid breeders you'll be the first one to know!

I got both of my mantids so far from people on this forum. However I do know of a facebook page called Eldritch Exotics and they may have some mantids available. I live in the Anchorage/Eagle River area. I'm not sure if they ship their insects or not. I am going to a local reptile expo in a few days so if I see any new mantid breeders you'll be the first one to know!
That would be great! Nice to meet you!

Latest posts