Mantid Research Report Issue #1

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minard734

Reaction score
So I was just bored one day in September and I decided I'd record information about my mantids besides the normal stuff I record such as the date and location of the specimen found. It's sort of like a webzine but not exactly. It is more of a Monthly release of information I have gathered on mantids. Stuff such as basic identification of native species, ootheca identification, breeding reports, and different color morphs.

This is only the 1st issue and it is nothing special, as it is all done by me. All photos were taken by me and almost all of the specimens you are about to see were collected by me. Have fun reading and feel free to criticize!

And... NO! I'm not trying to replace the UKMF newsletter by any means. This is just information for the world to see in the form of a .PDF file. If you feel like you have a lot to show the world about Mantids then PM me and you might be able to write in the next issue. If you aren't fond of the formatting of this issue, or the overall content, PM me. I need to know what you think. Thanks for reading!

Go here to read the 1st issue: (LINK WORKS NOW!)

NOTE: This preview is low quality so please click "DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL" in the upper right hand corner sort of.

a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8WIZ2MbNsuMNjE5N2Y4ODEtYmYyOS00ZTIxLTgyN2ItZGMwMjM0NWEwZjE0&hl=en_US

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the attachment?
Sorry the file was too big. Look now. I posted a LINK instead to the file uploaded on a different site.

EDIT: I had to RE-upload the file to 4shared.com because I forgot to include some stuff at the end. Updated version is NOW up! Enjoy!

Hi Ryan,

I clicked the download. Unfortunately it opened the file in a rather small window in my browser and wouldn't let me expand the window to full screen. Much of the text was overlaying other text to the point it was unreadable. If you email me the file I should be able to paste it right into your post for everybody's convenience. It looks like you covered a lot of topics in this first issue. Very nice work!

Although I could only open the preview and couldn't see it properly it looks interesting. It would be nice to have the Select species of mantids of the south east in the uk newsletter as well, pm me if interested.

Hi Ryan,

I clicked the download. Unfortunately it opened the file in a rather small window in my browser and wouldn't let me expand the window to full screen. Much of the text was overlaying other text to the point it was unreadable. If you email me the file I should be able to paste it right into your post for everybody's convenience. It looks like you covered a lot of topics in this first issue. Very nice work!
OK EVERYONE!

It has been fixed... again. UGH! Google docs now!

Hi, I read it all and I must say it's impressive. Very informative without a lot of hard to grasp concepts and unnecessary information. Awesome pictures too. Maybe you can include something about development and incubation (I know you mentioned diapause and talked about the ooths in general)? But other than that, excellent.

Thanks man! Glad you like it! And there is sure to be more information in the next issue. This is sort of a sample of what it's all about! I'm glad to see it being accepted!