Mating Otomantis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_h

Reaction score
Hey All,

anybody have any tips for mating Otomantis? I only have one male so I kinda need to get it right first time round ;)

both have been adult about 3 weeks. female seen calling the past few evenings.

do you try to hand place him on her? should I put them both in an enclosure and leave them to it?

any advice or anecdotes appreciated.

Cat :)

Just keep the female well fed and give her something to eat while you introduce the male. I put my males on a stick and hold them right behind the female. Once they realize what's in front of them they should start pointing their antennae towards her and hop on shortly after. As far as I know Otomantis aren't particularly aggressive and suited for communal keeping anyway, so there shouldn't be much pressure of cannibalism.

Good luck!

Just keep the female well fed and give her something to eat while you introduce the male. I put my males on a stick and hold them right behind the female. Once they realize what's in front of them they should start pointing their antennae towards her and hop on shortly after. As far as I know Otomantis aren't particularly aggressive and suited for communal keeping anyway, so there shouldn't be much pressure of cannibalism.

Good luck!
Awesome thankyou! :)

I tried positioning him behind her but he didn't get the hint this time around. I might take him to a different room for a little while and see if that helps.