Mating s.dolosa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

admin

benl

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:51 pm Post subject: Mating s.dolosa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Has any one got any tips on mating Sibylla dolosa? Both of them are 2 weeks old. I have read that they are very easy to mate but my male is just not interested in the female.

Any advice would be great.

ben

silver_arctic1

Site Admin

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ben,

I should think that leaving them to their own devices will be sufficient. Just take all the precaution and make sure the female is well fed and all that stuff.

You're lucky, all my nymphs turned out to be males.

Good luck,

Evan

benl

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:01 pm Post subject:

Hi,

Thanks for advice, i will leave them together for bit.

Sorry to hear that all of your are males.

ben

bugboy

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:35 am Post subject:

where on earth did u get Sibylla dolosa???

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:06 pm Post subject:

hi,

I got them from someone in germany last july, I can't remember who it was. They have been together for 2 days but still no mating, the male jumped on the females back but the female flicked it off.

ben

conway

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:13 pm Post subject:

2 weeks old? blimming heck..hes an eager beaver!

silver_arctic1

Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:23 pm Post subject:

That's a good sign that your male is fully mature. Perhaps it is your female that is not mature. But she should be receptive soon.

benl

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:59 pm Post subject:

hi,

Hopefully i will be able to mate all 3 females, Does any one how long the males of this species live?

ben

silver_arctic1

Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:15 am Post subject:

I think that most mantid males live for about 2-3 months after maturing. Mine either ends up being eaten or dies of starvation (I always forget to feed them after they're finished with their business ).

benl

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:13 pm Post subject:

They mated yesterday and the female laid its 1st ootheca today.

Latest posts