mismolted Ghost butt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlemmings

Reaction score
so my female Ghost molted a day ago but the old skin was hanging from her butt...she was hanging upside down.

when I looked in on her before coming to work it was still there. when I get home I plan to try to "help" remove it.

Has anyone experienced this before?

all the limbs and everything look just fine...I cant imagine it would hurt to help remove it?

or I can try to get her to eat a pinto bean so she can break wind and blow it off...

like a Creo hot air balloon floating in her cage.

Leaving work now...if it is still there when I get home I will mist it and let it soften 10-15 minutes before trying to remove it....hopefully she shook it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL....VERY DEFLATED!!!!

I came home to find her dead at the bottom of enclosure!!!

temps were around 78 and humidity was 70 in aquarium and a bit more inside her enclosure....she was a beautiful emerald color and I hoped to see her reach adult like my last female. I now need a female Ghost L-5 for my male.....sad sad day....my oldest mantis "Gretta" the Sp. Lineola died yesterday so this was a double whammy!

:(

WELL....VERY DEFLATED!!!!

I came home to find her dead at the bottom of enclosure!!!

temps were around 78 and humidity was 70 in aquarium and a bit more inside her enclosure....she was a beautiful emerald color and I hoped to see her reach adult like my last female. I now need a female Ghost L-5 for my male.....sad sad day....my oldest mantis "Gretta" the Sp. Lineola died yesterday so this was a double whammy!

:(
Sorry to hear that, possibly the shed exoskeleton blocked the breathing holes in the abdomen? Either way that's a shame... :(

the exoskeleton was barely stuck onto the very small tip of her abdomen like the size of the tip of an ink pen rollertip...i seriously thought if the just pooped it would fall off. and she had not eaten so I would not think blockage.

I am very sad as she was so vividly green (my first green one ever) and the molt looked perfect limbs and raptors crown etc.

I guess I am in the market for a female soon...L4-5 i think she was

I'm sorry about your mantid. :( I hate when i get too attrached to my mantids.

It's a shame. :(

Latest posts