Molting Question?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious why you would want to see mantises coming out of their old skin seven times? (is there another question here?)

I think a description would read like this...

Small mantis sheds skin and gets bigger seven times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, heres what happens,

The mantid crawls out of its skin...

Molting.jpg

While this is happening, it must make sure it doesn't fall or that could result in death.

Then, it climbs back onto the surface it is molting on and dries up...

Aftermolt.jpg

Here is my mantid after molting...

ant3.jpg

Thanks I like mantis. To answer your smart ###### question peter, Im actually interested in learning how to spot pre-molting signs and irregularities. As for the desriptions, many people like to add text to their photos with short discriptions. Next time I will explain more clearly so you can understand the question.

Thanks I like mantis. To answer your smart ###### question peter, Im actually interested in learning how to spot pre-molting signs and irregularities. As for the desriptions, many people like to add text to their photos with short discriptions. Next time I will explain more clearly so you can understand the question.
:eek: Not a good start. I suggest if you want to stick around you tone it down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: