My famous mantids 🤪

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesley Hooper

Reaction score
Here are my current mantids. I say they are “famous” because they’ve been quite a sensation on TikTok:
1EBDEFC8-117A-48CF-8FA2-659DF9C3CD55.jpeg
73599BD0-53EE-456A-9A1F-D564181690F9.jpeg

These two images above are Phoenix the devil’s flower, who unfortunately, recently passed away.

Below is Pandora, also devil’s flower.
6768F58C-31FA-4E7D-A4A9-E045CC940576.jpeg

FA226FBF-2A4D-4510-94D2-2BB3228213A4.jpeg

And last, below is Eileen, my female parablepharis kuhlii.
7DDDE450-073E-45A1-8AED-DE3600487318.jpeg

491EEEA7-8CD3-4CEC-A65F-F085C6AE533B.jpeg

Also, I do have about 10-15 ghost mantis nymphs as well, but I won’t post them. And for anyone who might be interested in my TikTok, my username is whooper34!

followed!
I have mantis content on my tik tok as well, along with some other things that are less pleasant. I'm gonna start stitch-responding to fat apologist (i-mean, activist) cringetoks
Thanks for the follow! I’ve had a lot of my videos reported for “violent and graphic content” and I’ve had to appeal 🙄 One was a video of me cleaning a bird skull with peroxide, one was a memorial video to my dead devil’s flower, and the other was me pinning it. There is way worse content on TikTok than that!

like the people who say it's healthy to be 384729lbs and that obesity is caused by ANYTHING except being a glutton. I'd rather see pro-ana content because starving yourself is way harder than stuffing yourself
Granted while I imagine your statement about you rather seeing pro-anorexic content is overexaggerated (or whatever word there is for saying something but not actually meaning), it's still a statement that struck a nerve for me. I've had more than one friend who struggled to even eat a bite of food and starved themselves for days. I begged and begged for them to eat but there was nothing I could do because I was hours away.
I know you have had your own issues with food, but your statement is nothing something I can take lightly unfortunately. Please don't make those sorts of comparisons in the future. For some people, eating is almost impossible.
Sorry for getting off topic as well. I imagine you don't want your thread about this sort of topic Hooper.

Granted while I imagine your statement about you rather seeing pro-anorexic content is overexaggerated (or whatever word there is for saying something but not actually meaning), it's still a statement that struck a nerve for me. I've had more than one friend who struggled to even eat a bite of food and starved themselves for days. I begged and begged for them to eat but there was nothing I could do because I was hours away.
I know you have had your own issues with food, but your statement is nothing something I can take lightly unfortunately. Please don't make those sorts of comparisons in the future. For some people, eating is almost impossible.
Sorry for getting off topic as well. I imagine you don't want your thread about this sort of topic Hooper.
tongue and cheek is the term you're looking for
remember I was almost kicked out of college for not eating, and I almost had to be hospitalized for being underweight. I do find it aggravating that ostensibly undereating on social media is against most platforms' TOS but ostensibly overeating isn't. I blame the food industry

nice pics, why all of a sudden weight is the subject?
tik tok has a lot of pro obesity content
the topic was tik tok

i should also say that people don't become anorexic from pro ana content, they become anorexic from trauma and things like that. not that i agree with pro ana content though