My first Brunner babies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read that Yen said the Brunner ooth takes 6-10 months for all the hatchlings to emerge! Thats crazy.
That is amazing...  Some could be almost adults while their siblings are still hatching if that is truely the case!

Last edited by a moderator:
From my experience, B borealis ooth that goes through cold period has shorter hatching period compared to the one that been kept in room temperature. the ooth that went through cold period usually hatched out all within a week or two, but the other incubating method could yield nymph for a very long period of time. I have one that hatched out to another sibling from the saqme ooth that has already grown to subadult.

From my experience, B borealis ooth that goes through cold period has shorter hatching period compared to the one that been kept in room temperature. the ooth that went through cold period usually hatched out all within a week or two, but the other incubating method could yield nymph for a very long period of time. I have one that hatched out to another sibling from the saqme ooth that has already grown to subadult.
Thanks Yen. I think your experience brings a lot of insight. I have ooths that were kept at the same temperature but most went through diapause. I was pretty close to throwing the ooth away since nothing was happening. Thanks goodness, I saw your post on another site.