my granny is is the bestest!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww i am glad you have a great granny <3
my grandpa is rather awesome to. he learned how to roller blade when he was like 60 so he can skate with us... lol can you imagine an old guy falling down all over the neighborhood practicing while we were at school. he used to go to skate express and practice, he took my grandma once and before she could even get out onto the floor she fell and broke her wrist. you could guess that she didnt put on another [air of rollerskates after that

Really nice set of shots in that video. I can only dream of having the gear to pull that off.

Really nice set of shots in that video. I can only dream of having the gear to pull that off.
i know its amazing. i thought the shot the the humming bird doing barrel rolls was pretty extrodenary to see. and also seeing the bats with that wing spand get so close to the cactus and not tough it at all

Very beautiful shots.. I loved the clips of the hummingbirds and bees especially!

Yeah I loved the fruit bat scenes, but that ones shot of the humming bird doing the barrel roll was amazing as well as when it hit the spiders web and made an escape.

Michael

That was beautiful! Yeah, the hummingbird rolling was incredible... (Was it attacking that bee in the right hand corner that was sort of spiraling away?) Also, at 2:40, one of the fruit bats has a baby clinging to it (I think)! Just an all around great compilation... and that's wonderful that your grandma sent that to you! :)

i think that the hummingbird was chasing the bee. that was that part that stood out to my grandmother, thats what she thought was happening anyway. and the bat carrying the baby was way cool to me. it was still able to maintain its grace even with the extra wait and bulk

That was beautiful! Yeah, the hummingbird rolling was incredible... (Was it attacking that bee in the right hand corner that was sort of spiraling away?) Also, at 2:40, one of the fruit bats has a baby clinging to it (I think)! Just an all around great compilation... and that's wonderful that your grandma sent that to you! :)

my grandmother sent me this video the other day, its really neat. i wonder where my love for nature comes from. i remember her buying me bug documentaries when i was a kid and i would watch them over and over

http://youtu.be/xHkq1edcbk4
So cool!

1:25 Happy birthday to you.... :) Well actually, more like "welcome to the adult world. Time to pull your own weight!" :p While working with a beekeeper over the summer, I actually got to see this! We got some amazing pictures and videos. A bee emerging from its cell, a queen being accepted, etc.

Love the fruit growing part, too!

My grandparents and parents have been amazingly supportive of my scientific learning as well! The expected present from my grandparents: insect books. They like to switch things up sometimes, though. Grandparents are the best!