My grouchiest guy yet...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzxmUyZNKEBoqN3e

Reaction score
srk0lkE.jpg

This is Chloris, my L5 Spiny Flower. He is my most grouchy and aggressive mantis; I was trying to encourage him to return to his enclosure post-misting and he struck me and did this! He is such an aggressive hunter when it comes to food - as soon as he spots it, he'll run after it! I think he's going to keep me entertained for sure...

Also, can anybody explain to me what the purple and orange colouration on his abdomen is? I'm aware it's for threat displays but how is this produced/revealed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love spinys! Not sure what you mean by how the colors on the abdomen are produced...

- MantisGirl13

I love spinys! Not sure what you mean by how the colors on the abdomen are produced...

- MantisGirl13
They're wizard! I think I might prefer the species (visually) to Orchids - if only they were a wee bit bigger... 

And about the colour, I googled it and the purple/orange dot is always there I had just never seen it before because he always kept his abdomen curved around; every day is a school day!

Latest posts